We all know that bran muffins can be both delicious and very good for you. Now, we have all on one card a healthy bran muffin base with six variations that all sound delicious. I’ll probably give these a try sometime soon.
Basic Bran Muffins (Bingham Collection)
1 1/4 c flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 c sugar
1 c bran cereal
1 c milk
1/4 c oil
Combine cereal & milk, let stand 2 minutes, add egg, oil, beat well.
Combine dry ingredients, add to cereal just til mixed. Pour into 12 muffin cups (greased). Bake 20 minutes at 400.
1. Decrease milk to 1/4 c, stir in 1 c applesauce to cereal. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves to flour (or 1 tsp pumpkin spice)
2. Stir in 1/2 c chopped cherries, 1/4 c chopped nuts
3. Stir in 1/2 c chopped prunes or raisins and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4. Add 1/2 c chopped dates and 1/4 c chopped almonds
5. Cook 1/2 c chopped onion in margarine until tender. Add to batter with 1 tsp carroway seeds
6. Decrease milk to 1/2 c, add 1/2 c orange juice and 2 tsp orange rind (grated)